Sunday, August 31, 2008

Journey to Denver - Day 2 Hillary Clinton

Every day around 7:30am I go downstairs to pick up my credentials to allow me access to the floor. On my way Wayne County Executive, Robert Ficano stopped to speak with me.

The talk of the day was all about Hillary. Tonight she's speaking and everyone is wondering what she'll focus on. The mass media continues to report on the rift between Hillary and Obama supporters, but I have not found one delegate that is not united. So, my goal today was to try and capture a few responses after her speech just to show you the real news from the convention floor.

As a side, this entire experience has shown me just how influential the news media can be. In many cases the sentiment on the floor is somewhat different than what the mass media is reporting and in turn those watching from home are influenced by those reports. What doesn't come through on the television is the pure emotion and electricity in that hall. I'm not easy to impress when it comes to speakers, but in my years I've never had so many speeches that sent chills down my spine. There are a few clips that are purely the stadium going crazy. One last point on being here vs. TV. They only show certain speakers and there are a few that were not shown that have tremendous stories and ability.


Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano stopped to say a few words on his way to breakfast.


Michigander for Obama and fellow delegate from the 14th district of Michigan, Edna Bell gives her view from the convention floor.


Hillary Clinton is introduced. Just sit and watch the excitement.


Lupe Ramos-Montigny, Hillary delegate from the 3rd district in MI gives her thoughts following Hillary Clintons speech.


Tim Killeen from the 13th district of Michigan speaks from the floor regarding what he just witnessed.


Brandon Hynes, the youngest Michigan delegate and a Hillary delegate from the 13th district comments following Hillary Clinton.

No comments: