Sunday, August 31, 2008

Journey to Denver - Day 4 Mountain Top

I had planned to come back after the speech and document the entire day. Needless to say that did not happen. As much as I was aware that history was about to be made, I could not have anticipated the wave of emotions that touched me.

I'm sure that in the days to come I will be able to articulate what transpired that day, but for now I'll just stay in the moment.

And when the speech was over I just stood motionless wanting to take it all in...remember every moment so that in the years to come I could tell my daughter that your daddy was there. I smiled...took a breath...wiped a tear away and grabbed a handful of confetti. Speechless! Teary eyed with chills still resonating I sat. Breathing deep just taking it all in. I turned to look into the stands...Governor Granholm sat behind me just slightly down the row...glossy eyes. Mayor Dennis Archer was two rows back...tears welled up. I continued to look around and not a dry eye remained. Historical.

As I walked out of Invesco Field I wanted nothing more than to share with the world what I had just witnessed. So I recorded a voice note to my cell phone. Personal to say the least, but I wanted to share it. Take a listen.

Look at the pictures of the convention through the eyes of a first time delegate.
View Behind Party Lines, the MPR radio show that I participated in.
View my video blogging for Reuter.com




My fellow 15th District Delegate, Lynne Schwartz gives a true behind the scenes interview as she gets ready for the final day of the convention.

No comments: